More efficient management of common water resources
We would like to intensify cooperation between institutions responsible for the management of the Gulf of Riga and Gauja/Koiva and Salaca/Salatsi river basins. The programme is expecting at least 5 joint management initiatives at those water bodies.
Within the 1st call for proposals projects SAFE SEA and GURINIMAS have been selected of total amount of around 0.8 million euros. Around 1 million euros are available for the 2nd call.
Examples of expected activities
- Improving efficient use and protection of joint water resources;
- Coordinated cross-border actions to react to environmental accidents in the Gulf of Riga;
- Pollution prevention.
Project main features
- The maximum grant size per project is 350 000 euros.
- All types of organizations and enterprises can apply.
- Programme will support up to 85% of the total budget of the project. State aid rules apply (please see the Annex 1 of the programme manual).
The programme supports only those projects that involve in their partnership at least one Estonian and one Latvian institution listed in the footnotes of pages 13 and 14 of the 2nd call programme manual.