More integrated Valga-Valka central urban area
We would like to have more inhabitants of Valga and Valka recognizing Valga-Valka as a joint town. The programme aims at revitalizing the cross-border joint urban area of the twin town.
The support of 3 000 000 euros was granted to the Valga-Valka Center project in the 1st call for proposals in 2017.
NEW: The pre-defined project on additional areas to be included in the joint Valga-Valka central urban area is expected to be submitted through direct award procedure by the end of 2020. After the implementation of both projects, the total size of the improved and revitalized cross-border Valga-Valka central urban area is expected to reach 128 000 m². Full information for priority 2 direct award procedure applicants.
Examples of expected activities in the pre-defined project:
- Cleaning 2 artificial Pedele lakes and Konnaoja/Varžupīte (e.g. removing excess flora and sediments, etc); creating resting areas and renewing the urban landscaping in the Pedele recreation area; improvement/reconstruction of existing sports fields and/or children's playgrounds;
- Creating pathways next to Konnaoja/Varžupīte, in order to improve pedestrian access to the new Valga-Valka Centre area; reconstructing Semināra/Sepa bridge;
- Reconstructing pedestrian paths from Sēlija Street till Ramsi bridge on both sides of the Pedeli river on the Valka side.
Project's main features
- All types of organizations and enterprises can apply;
- Co-financing from the programme can be up to 85% of the total eligible costs for all types of partners.
At least the following core organizations are involved in the partnership of the pre-defined project:
- Valga Municipality Government,
- Valka Municipality Government.
The construction works of the joint Valga-Valka center have started in March and the new center is expected to be opened in December 2020. Read more about the status and activities at the site visitvalgavalka.com