Increased awareness of energy saving, sorting waste, and re-use
The programme supports projects that bring at least 450 persons to their events and carry out at least 6 public campaigns that make people behave environmentally friendlier. Three campaigns were supported within the 1st call for proposals in projects “Green Public Events” and SEC totally committing around 0.7 million euros. Projects Energy advice and WasteArt have received support within the 2nd call for proposals and three campaigns will be implemented.
5th call closed on 3 June 2019 and the monitoring committee took the selection decision to support project Smart Living in December 2019.
The pre-defined project on the joint packaging deposit system between Estonia and Latvia - PACKGDEPO - was selected for funding through direct award procedure on 22 January 2021.
Examples of expected activities in the pre-defined project:
- awareness-raising campaigns on joint packaging deposit system between Estonia and Latvia;
- pilot activities in border municipalities (e.g. Valga-Valka) on harmonizing Estonian and Latvian packaging deposit systems;
- solution-oriented workshops;
- improvements in data processing and the use of digital tools;
- elaboration of political and technical guidance to improve cooperation and capacity building of authorities and relevant stakeholders.
Project's main features
- All types of organizations and enterprises can apply;
- Co-financing from the programme can be up to 85% of the total eligible costs for all types of partners.
At least the following core organizations are involved in the partnership of the pre-defined project:
- The Estonian Ministry of the Environment,
- The Latvian Ministry of Environmental Protection and Regional Development.
4 projects - Green Public Events, Smart Energy Community (SEC), Energy Advice and Waste Art have ended their activities.