Tartu Central Park / Tartu Keskpark
About the game
Celebrating the 11th anniversary of the European Cooperation Day, Estonian EU External, Estonia-Latvia and Central Baltic Sea Region cross-border cooperation programmes are organising a photo orienteering game in Tartu. The game is created to allow people to get to know this charming city better, learn more about Interreg cross-border cooperation programmes and have a good time in the fresh air together with friends and family.
Place and time
17.09.2022, Saturday – Tartu.
Tartu Central park (Tartu Keskpark) - event tent installed on the corner of Poe and Küüni streets, near R-Kiosk.
Start time – at the most convenient time from 10:00 to 15:30.
Finish is open until 18:00.
Duration of the game
Up to 2.5 hours. If all the tasks are completed or you are too tired for full distance, it is possible to return to the start/ finish place earlier.
- Participants arrive at the start/ finish place, – on the corner of Poe and Küüni streets, near R-Kiosk – and register with the organizers of the game;
- Organizers explain to the participants detailed rules of the game and answer questions, if there are any;
- Organizers provide a game map and other handouts necessary for the game and start taking game time for each team individually;
- Participants go on the track of city streets, search for the indicated photo objects and answer the game questions;
- After 2.5 hours on the track or sooner, if all the tasks of the game are completed, the teams return to the start/ finish place and apply to the organizers of the game;
- The organizers check completed tasks by each team and rank the teams in the scoreboard;
- The most successful teams are rewarded.
Participation is free of charge by registering with the organizers before the game.
During the game, participants have to look for the photo objects and answer questions. Each photo object found (photo taken near the object) or question answered (a mark on the question sheet) gives 1 point. The more points, the better result. If 2 teams have the same amount of points, the higher position is given to the team that returned to the finish earlier. If a team returns to the start/ finish place later than 2.5 hours of play, 1 point is deducted from the team's result for every full minute of delay.
- Photos of the objects found must be taken in such a way that all team members except one (photographer), as well as the found photo object should be visible in them. The photographer at each photo object can be a different member of the team. Only exception - if a team consists of only two members, one of them should be visible in all photos.
- Photos should be stored on the phone or camera until the end of the game in order to show them to the organizers of the game.
Things to bring with you
- Pen/ marker/ pencil etc;
- Charged phone with camera or camera;
- Weather-appropriate clothing;
- Positive mood and competitive spirit.
Number of participants in each team
The expected number of participants in one team – 2 to 5 people.
It is also allowed to start alone, but it should be taken into account that this can make the game more difficult.
When playing the game, remember that it takes place in a public space in conditions of live traffic, so we encourage participants to be careful and take care of both their own safety and that of those around them, as well as to treat the environment with respect, without trying or demolishing anything.
Additional information and communication
Via Facebook Messenger with event organizers.