Valka (LV) and Valga (EE)
!The winners will be announced during the week following the end of the game or on the first working day in 2021!
The adventure orienteering game "walk VVALK" begins on 12 December and continues until 27 December 2020 in Valga and Valka. The game can be played also on only one side of the border in one of the twin towns - Valga or Valka. Please follow the news here or on Facebook.
The game is open on the Roadgames platform for anybody, who is ready to visit Valga and/or Valka - the twin cities on the Estonia-Latvia border.
Participants, individually or in 2 to 5 person teams, will have to try to save as many points as possible by performing a variety of exciting tasks within the 2 hours available for the game. This will be a great opportunity to get to know Valka and Valga from another point of view, find out something new and interesting, as well to spend time outdoors with friends or family members, depending on the safety rules. It is a strategy and ingenuity game. Good plan, fast reactions, and sharp vision or ability to recognize images on sites will pave the road to success.
It is possible to start the game at the preferred time on any day of the period from 12 to 27 December 2020 in Valga and Valka.
For playing, each participant has to download the Roadgames application on the phone and register in it individually or as a team. Instructions can be downloaded here in Latvian, English, and in Estonian.
Important! Separate registration for the activity and participating in the game are not required. All you need is a phone or tablet together with the power bank!
Motivating! We would like to enrich with the further EstLat experience the winners - 5 in individual and 5 in teams categories! Five most successful teams will receive an EstLat tourism experience voucher worth for 1st place - 150 euros, 2nd and 3rd places - 120 euros, and 4th and 5th places - 100 euros, but five most successful individuals would receive a voucher worth for 1st place - 70 euros, 2nd and 3rd places - 50 euros and 4th - 5th places - 30 euros. If you win, the following experience may become yours:
- Opportunity to taste the Livonian flavors of Estonia, where different culinary experiences and cuisines are melting together
- Gulbene-Alūksne Narrow Gauge Railway Gulbenes - Alūksnes Bānītis - entering the railway world by enjoying an excursion in Gulbene-Alūksne Narrow Gauge Railway Depot and a ride on a narrow-gauge train
- Haapsalu Railway and Communication museum Raudtee- ja Sidemuuseum - visiting the intriguing site of industrial heritage and adventurous boat trip on the sea in the resort town of Haapsalu
- Bīriņi castle Bīriņu Pils of the 19th century - enjoying the romantic atmosphere of the Bīriņi castle and its recreational park, and visiting restored water tower
- Hellenurme water mill Hellenurme Veskimuuseum MTÜ - taking a step back in history and experiencing the life of the last working watermill in Estonia
- Līgatne Paper Mill and Workers Flat visitligatne.lv - exploring the industrial heritage in Līgatne Paper Mill and Workers Flat with the photo session in traditional clothing.
Surprise prize! At the end of the game, regardless of the result, each player can get a surprise prize either to Valga Visitor Center or Valga SELVER in Estonia or to Valka Tourist and Information Office or Virši Valka in Latvia, presenting the app with the game played on the phone.
Take care! It is important to keep yourself comfortable during the game and after it. If you are in a sporty mood, take care that you have a spare set of dry clothes with you to change after the game. If you play with the family and will be more in a walking mood, make sure you keep your hands warm for playing on the phone. Stay safe!
Important! Every participant is responsible for getting to Valka or Valga.