University of Latvia, Centre of Natural Sciences, Nature house, Jelgavas street 1, room 702
During the special conference session:
- You will have an opportunity to hear two keynote lectures about how to identify groundwater dependent terrestrial ecosystems and about the role of conceptual models in hydrogeological studies.
- Joint methodology on groundwater dependent terrestrial ecosystem identification and assessment will be introduced (concentrated information will be available in form of brochures).
- Newest results from hydro(eco)logical pilot studies in Latvia (kazu leja valley) and Estonia (Matsi soring fen) will be presented (vegetation mapping, snail studies, development of conceptual models, water quality analysis)
- You will have a chance to understand how to build and use "do it yourself" low-cost sensors for hydrogeological studies.
- Finally, the lessons learned from communication with target groups will be presented.
Please register as a listener to GroundEco project special conference session “Hydrogeology and groundwater dependent ecosystems”.
Registration is open till 27 January here: http://bit.ly/GroundEco-registration
Abstracts and agenda are available also here: http://bit.ly/GroundEco-abstracts