Twin Town Valga-Valka is located on the Estonian-Latvian border. The Twin Town's Valga–Valka motto is „One city, two states”. The common interest and benefit of this project is the development of joint territory – Valga-Valka Twin Town Centre – to improve physical connectivity, unite both towns’ citizens, promote tourism and activate entrepreneurship. The project will help to facilitate economic activity and create long-term development potential for Estonian and Latvian border area.
- Development of a multifunctional cross-border Central Area on the border of Estonia and Latvia including an area for open-air markets, festive events, playgrounds, innovative street lighting systems, original urban space furniture, etc.
- Creation of Pedestrian Street linking the churches in both town centres (Lugažu Church in the centre of Valka and Jaani Church in the centre of Valga) thus open the possibility for small businesses such as coffees, restaurants, different services, etc.
- Creation of new options for crossing the border at the new cross-border Central Area, thus giving the opportunity to break the border in peoples’ minds.
- Creation of an attractive area along the banks of Varžupīte / Konnaoja by linking this revitalized green area with the actual greenway along the Pedele / Pedeli River – river that crosses the border.
- Linking / activation of actual buildings around the newly established cross-border Central Area and Pedestrian Street with the goal to attract entrepreneurs to the area.
- Linking the area to tourism networks, attracting new investors, businesses and events to the area and developing tourism information to increase the usage of area. Organizing marketing campaigns.