The project is triggered by lack of advanced and effective learning tools for early childhood education that would motivate the children, be acceptable for the parents and that could be used for general pre-school education support as well as for immersion programmes. The activities of the project will conclude a set of novel learning tools, addressing the market need for more positive and encouraging learning environment, on prototype level and will introduce this to the target markets. The tools, more specifically the interactive audio-learning materials developed, will disrupt the innovation in ways of delivering education, being fun for the children and encourage the use of digital media, but without increasing the time the children spend behind electronic screens.
The project utilizes the potential of a certain type of digital technology called OID (optical identification technology) to achieve its objective.
Systematic approach is applied to develop a base learning methodology and advanced utilization of the OID technology, resulting with a number of educational books for children in the different age groups between the age 2 and 7.
The objective of the project is to jointly develop and do pre-marketing activities for interactive audio-learning materials for children that:
- apply advanced learning methodology and increase the effectiveness of learning,
- bring more children to participate in education and create a habit of reading books,
- provide a positive, safe and encouraging learning environment,
- are usable by the children alone and together with adults, and
- help to integrate foreign language speaking children in Estonia and Latvia.