The project objective is to improve, strengthen and expand the sailing infrastructure of the network of harbours in Estonia and Latvia and to promote the East Baltic as a sailing destination.
To fulfil the project objective, the project will implement activities in two main directions – Investments in harbours and marketing activities of the network. Investment activities will complement the investment activities implemented in EST-LAT Harbours project to avoid overlap and will contribute to the creation of equal safety and service standard level in the East Baltic network.
Investments in harbours are directed at:
- navigation signs (leading lights, spar and floating lateral buoys, fixed lateral navigation signs). equipment necessary for monitoring the depth of the fairway;
- ensuring protection from waves: strengthening of the coast, construction or reconstruction of piers, breakwaters;
- ensuring minimum depth: depth alongside the quays and access way (fairway) 2,5 m;
- increasing marina capacity in creating minimum and additional properly marked mooring places: establish floating pontoons (concrete) and fingers,
- installing floating piers (with electricity and water equipment);
- reception of waste and management of wastewater;
- electricity and drinking water available on the quay, free wi-fi available in the harbour area, in the marina for greywater disposal and bilge water facilities;
- electricity and drinking water available on the quay, free wi-fi available in the harbour area, in the marina for greywater disposal and bilge water facilities available;
- slipways established, crane or other boat lifting equipment purchased, building yacht storage place established, boat repairs equipment purchased;
- ensuring assistance/emergency service;
- fuel supply facilities.
Marketing activities are aimed to promote EastBaltic (Estonia and Latvia) as an attractive, interesting and safe sailing destination to visit. Target markets addressed are sailors from Germany, Finland, Sweden, Poland and local market – Latvia and Estonia.
- participation in international boat shows;
- network visibility in international networking events;
- organizing of FAM trips for journalists, opinion leaders of target markets;
- printed materials: updating and publishing the 3rd edition of harbours guide and coastal tourism image guide;
- expanding eastbaltic.eu and enhancing digital marketing;
- specific marketing content development and distribution (social media, articles for journals, stories, etc.)