In 2021 we celebrate the 10th anniversary of the European Cooperation Day (also known as “EC Day”).
Join in and contribute with your memories!
If you have celebrated with us the EC Day once or more between years 2012 to 2020, we kindly ask you to join our trip down the memory lane and dedicate your time to:
1. Looking through your personal photo bank of 2012-2020 and find picture(s) of you wearing the thematic EC Day T-shirt at Estonia-Latvia programme event, or you together with some promotional items from the event, or you in the event.
2. Finding the old T-shirts or other items (carefully stored :) ) and taking the picture of the item and/or wearing the T-shirt now.
3. Adding to the picture(s) two quotes (in any language you feel comfortable in):
1) first immediate emotion/memory related to the celebration in that particular year;
2) your greeting/wish/thought today about the EC Day and/or cooperation in general.
4. Zipping or uploading in cloud the pictures and sharing to email@example.com by 15 August. You can also just add the pictures to the email.
5. Add the sentence in the email: I give my consent to publish pictures under my name and use my quote on https://www.facebook.com/estlat/photos and at https://estlat.eu/en/ during the online campaign in September to celebrate 10 years of EC Day.
Regardless of how many pictures you find, or maybe you just have a memory and an emotion to express – please do not hesitate to share!
We have many pictures from the events in our Facebook Photo albums as well - maybe you can find yourself there?!
There will be lottery in September among all who took part!
On 30 September we launch the Estonia-Latvia Stories II
Over the 10 years we have invited Estonians and Latvians to celebrate together the cooperation, project results, friendships and share stories. The first edition of stories of 67 projects implemented in the programme 2007-2013 is available here.
To celebrate the EC Day and our 55 projects that have been implemented since 2017 by 109 Estonian and 118 Latvian organisations, we have once again gathered the stories about people, partnerships, solutions and places. This time the compilation captures the achievements of the Estonia-Latvia programme 2014-2020.
Everyone is invited to the opening of the Estonia-Latvia Stories II on 30 September in Estonian National Museum. You have the chance to meet the writers, hear stories and get your own signed copy.
We will open the registration in August.
Please revisit this page and follow us on Facebook - there is more information on the activities to come later during the summer!
All the EC Day celebrations, events and activities throughout Europe are gathered here: https://ecday.eu/